Tuesday, September 28, 2010

yum yum greens

I made an extraordinary discovery in the kitchen today! I made this green concoction that I served on Ezekial bread and it was so fresh and my taste buds where totally alive with it!  I have to type it down before other things like diapers, or soybeans come into my brain and the green goodness leaves without a trace.




Green Goodness:

3 cups of spinach
1/4 cup chopped red pepper
8 red grapes
juice of 2-3 lemon wedges
1 tsp. olive oil
seasalt
1 Tbsp. fresh parsley
extra sliced red pepper for dressing it up and herbs

Process in a food processor until smooth and creamy.  Spoon it over Ezekiel bread and enjoy. It is like experiencing a ripe peach for the first time.  Oh so heavenly. 

We are tidying up on the farm this week.  Pulling weeds here, planting there, making sure we are in tip-top shape for inspection because we are to have the great pleasure of having our family over for a visit!  So, we will be in a fine frenzy until Sunday at GreenHearts Farm.  Where am I going to find the time for all of the cooking, cleaning, farmer's markets, school, sewing, canning and other shenanigans!  Oh to be young and have limitless amounts of energy . . .hehe.

I'm going to soak a couple tablespoons of flaxseed so it can come alive again by morning so I can make a banana-flaxseed smoothies or banana pancakes.  What's that jingle again--the best part of waking up is flaxseed in a cup---sounds about right.

Here's the recipe for the banana pancakes:

1 rip banana, mashed
2 Tbsp. golden flaxseed, soaked overnight and rinsed
cinnamon and nutmeg

Process in a food processor or blender till smooth.  Flatten on a plate.  Set plate outside in the sun for 2 hours and then enjoy.  This is what I have for second breakfast because I must be part hobbit.

No comments:

Post a Comment